If you are a patient at a Victorian dental practice participating in iDENTify, you may have been invited to take part in this important research.
Am I eligible to participate?
Eligible dental patients need to meet all of the following criteria to participate:
- Male or Female.
- 35 years of age or above.
- No existing type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes diagnosis.
- A new patient or attending the clinic for a new course of care.
- Not currently pregnant.
What do I have to do?
- Complete a short questionnaire to assess your risk of type 2 diabetes, AUSDRISK.
- Participate in a dental examination by your usual practitioner.
- Follow-up with your GP if considered at risk of type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes.
- Participate in a short completion interview.
What are the benefits for me?
- Asses your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Receive information on type-2 diabetes and oral health.
- Help improve identification of undiagnosed type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes.
- Generate evidence to influence future policy and practice.
For more information: