Information for General Medical Practitioners
iDENTify involves Oral Health Professionals (OHPs) screening patients over 35 years of age using the diabetes risk questionnaire (AUSDRISK) for type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes.
At risk patients will be referred to their General Medical Practitioner (GMP) for further screening and the results of this screening are provided to the patients’ referring OHP to enable the OHP to give appropriate oral care.
Participating patients General Medical Practitioner will be asked to:
- Provide the results of a type 2 diabetes screening to the patients referring OHP.
- Complete a short questionnaire.
- Continue with usual clinical practice for the management of type 2 diabetes.
- RACGP – General practice management of type 2 diabetes
- General Practice Management of type 2 diabetes 2016-2020 (document link)