Applications to participate have now closed for practicing Victorian Dentist (general and specialist), Oral Health Therapist, Dental Therapist or Dental Hygienist we invite you to take part in this important research.
iDENTify: Early identification of type 2 diabetes & pre-diabetes in the oral health care setting by using the diabetes risk questionnaire (AUSDRISK) will help improve identification of asymptomatic individuals with undiagnosed diabetes or at risk of developing type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes.
- Ask your patients to complete the Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool (AUSDRISK).
- Conduct a periodontal examination, which includes participation in a calibration exercise.
- Refer at risk of type-2 diabetes patients to their General Medical Practitioner.
- Participate in a completion survey.
What are the benefits?
- Provide opinions and contribute to future policy for the management of type 2 diabetes in the oral healthcare setting.
- A financial payment is available to participating dental practices.
- 5 CPD points for participating in the calibration exercise and up to 8.5 hours for completing eviDent’s minimum training requirements.
- iDENTify Information Flyer for Oral Health Professionals.
- Diabetes and Oral Heath Information for Oral Health Professionals.
- iDENTify Plain Language Statement (PLS) for Oral Healthcare Professionals.
- eviDent Foundation – Dentists – Become a Member
- eviDent Foundation – OHT & DH – Become a Member
- Diabetes Australia Heat Map
- Life Program