If you are a practicing Victorian Dentist (general and specialist), Oral Health Therapist, Dental Therapist or Dental Hygienist we invite you to take part in this important research.
Once you have registered your interest, a member of the iDENTify team will be in touch to provide you with more information about the clinical study.
iDENTify: Early identification of type 2 diabetes & pre-diabetes in the oral health care setting by using the diabetes risk questionnaire (AUSDRISK) will help improve identification of asymptomatic individuals with undiagnosed diabetes or at risk of developing type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes.
- Ask your patients to complete the Australian Type 2 Diabetes Risk Assessment Tool (AUSDRISK).
- Conduct a periodontal examination, which includes participation in a calibration exercise.
- Refer at risk of type-2 diabetes patients to their General Medical Practitioner.
- Participate in a completion survey.
What are the benefits?
- Provide opinions and contribute to future policy for the management of type 2 diabetes in the oral healthcare setting.
- A financial payment is available to participating dental practices.
- 5 CPD points for participating in the calibration exercise and up to 8.5 hours for completing eviDent’s minimum training requirements.
- iDENTify Information Flyer for Oral Health Professionals.
- Diabetes and Oral Heath Information for Oral Health Professionals.
- iDENTify Plain Language Statement (PLS) for Oral Healthcare Professionals.
- eviDent Foundation – Dentists – Become a Member
- eviDent Foundation – OHT & DH – Become a Member
- Diabetes Australia Heat Map
- Life Program